Since the new Machine Directive 2006/42/EC has become effective, i.e. since 29th December 2009, two major amendments have become applicable concerning the conformity assessment procedure:
- It is no longer necessary to store the technical documentation with a notified body as required in the old version of Machinery Directive 98/37/EC; the same applies to the submission and inspection of technical documents for their conformity with standard by a notified body.
- The procedure of extensive quality assurance as described in Annex X of Machine Directive 2006/42/EC was newly added.
The following flow chart illustrates the conformity assessment process for machines:
We have a long-standing track record of experience when it comes to:
- Assessing machine technology and its technical documentation
- Auditing quality assurance systems
- Defining requirements for the supply of machinery
We are accredited for the following categories of machinery as listed in Annex IV
- Machinery for use in underground mining:
- Locomotives and brake vans
- Hydraulic longwall mining
- Vehicle hoists
- People lifters > 3m
We also support you in adapting your quality assurance system so that it meets the requirements of Annex X of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.